Thursday, April 15, 2010

The long and short of it

My hair was done. It was just getting longer and longer and I was doing less and less with it. I couldn't even put it in a bun without it overtaking my whole head, so I secretly set up an appointment to get my hair cut. David has wanted me to cut my hair for over a year so I decided to surprise him. That weekend was the school's gala and so I cut my hair short for the gala.
He came home and was very surprised and loved it.
If anyone remembers the last gala, I made a conscious effort to accessorize, and I did it again this time, all matching bracelet, earrings and necklace. This accessorizing thing is getting easier and easier, as long as I remember to do it.
We had a great night away from the kids all dressed up. We danced a bit and enjoyed the evening out.
here are a couple of pics of before and after

12 comments:

Rachael said...

Hi! Thanks for commenting on my blog. Ryan has told me a lot about you. :) Your parents are great too! Just wanted to say your haircut is really cute and your kids are darling! Hope you are enjoying your time overseas.
~Rachael White

Jason and Lorisa Hirschi said...

Cute hair Anna! It sure got long while you have been gone. Looks great short. (I am loving the medical vocab on the walls!)

Melinda said...

That looks so good!!!! I bet you can do a few different dos with that cut. Way to be brave! like that's anything new to you.

Lizi Bates said...

I love it!! It's so freeing when you cut that much off. Way to accessorize too, woo woo :)

Susan said...

Analee you look SOOO darling!! I think that this makes you so "up-to-date and trendy. It also makes you look younger. I love the "gala" outfit and I love that you two had some time to be together. I agree with the courage thing. You did GREAT!

Tawni Williams said...

WOW - your hair grows CRAZY fast! It would take me years to get it that long - but it would never look that thick. SUCH a cute cut!!!

Matt and Debbie said...

Pretty pretty!! I can't believe you're almost all done with England.

Heather said...

Wow! You look stunning with short hair!

Bryan and Laura Taylor said...

I like the wall of drugs in the background! Nice haircut by the way!

JonathanJeni said...

When we spoke over Skype last week I never found a lul in the conversation to tell you how cute your hair was...then I forgot. SO ADORABLE!!! I bet it's much easier to manage and feels liberating. We miss you guys. Are you sure you don't want to give CO a try?

Tiffany Gremmert said...

I had no idea your hair was that long. That is too long. I love the cut and you looked fabulous for your gala. How cool are you to go to a gala?

kelli said...

I love the hair! you look great!