Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Single mother of 3

I really should be blogging way more so that I won't forget this time of my life, but my life has been quite full. One thing that David and I have tried to do in our marriage is that if one parents can't give a 100% to helping, loving, keeping the house running, FHE, cleaning, disciplining, and sleeping then the other spouse would help. That is the beauty of marriage. I have greatly missed my other half. It is hard to always give the 100% everyday. With David gone for 4 months, I have tried to keep up on everything but I can't. I have a wonderful support system of my mother-in-law, mother and brother that have all supported me in one way or another. My mom comes up every couple of weeks just to give me a little break, let me sleep in and I don't have to do the dishes and laundry every day. My mother-in-law have taken the kids while I coach track and she truly loves them. Clint and his family have been so great to take the kids so I can at least run to the grocery store alone without having a break down. It has been tough on the kids to not have their papa around. They talk about him and pray for him but they don't quite understand that it is going to be a long time for him to be gone. They save things for papa like a cookie from a friend's or a fruit snack. It is sad to explain to them that he won't be around for a while longer. Fenton has had a difficult time. He has really felt a loss but doesn't know what to do about it. He kisses me more and snuggles more and he doesn't sleep as well. Eliza just misses playing with her papa. We have less than 3 months left to be apart then he will be home for 6 weeks. I have a new appriciation for single mothers and also a new dependency on the Lord for help daily.

4 comments:

Jonathan Osorio said...

Oh, how I wish we lived next door to offer a hand. You guys mean so much to us and I'm sorry that we can't be nearby! Even in our friendship...distance has seemed to make it grow deeper, but when is this distance going to end. Take care Ana. You are in our prayers!...

J&J

Reece said...

I can't imagine doing what you are doing, and I would be having break downs everyday. You are so much braver than me to take on this task of being a single mom to 3, and I know you are doing a great job! We're praying for you guys!

Tiffany Gremmert said...

You are making me cry. It has to be so hard to try and explain to your kids how long David is gone when they have no concept of time. You are a real trooper. I hope you continue to get the support you need.

Melinda said...

You are tough and you can do it!!!! But I know it isn't easy. Come stay with me again.