Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween

We had a great halloween. My mind has been going for a month of how I am going to make halloween costumes here with limited resources and funds. Well I think it turned out great. Eliza was Rapunzel and I made her hair, it wasn't perfect but it worked for about 3 hours during halloween. I made here shirt out of an old Laker's t-shirt, in side out, cut, hand sewn for a few ruffles then criss crossed,,,not too bad. Then Fenton wanted to be an airplane so I started putting that together in my mind. It turned out great and he loved it. That is worth it all for him to love his costume. Incidentally he won the most creative costume at our little party.
For halloween the SO put on a party on campus and about 12 departments decorate and hand out candy to the kids, so the children go all over campus and trick or treat. It is quite unique and fun. Then they come back to the party and have a bouncy house, face painting, cake walk, bowling ect and lots of fun festive treats. It was great halloween and I am glad that my parents could be there with us, it made it a little more special.
Carter was a little tiger, sorry no pics, he fell asleep in the little backpack I had on. I had a sign on my backpack that said "USA or bust" :)







2 comments:

Cammie said...

Analee, that airplane is awesome!!! My son Tyson would LOVE it!! Great job!

Susan said...

True to the Analee "mcguiver" instincts, these are the cutest outfits! I thought Fenton would get tired of holding his arms out...but he was true to the costume all afternoon. Everywhere we went people commented about how creative both the costumes were. Amazing job Analee...as usual.