Wednesday, July 11, 2012

4th of July

We had a great 4th of July.  We went to the pool, I did a little Salvation Army shopping, we BBQed and then had a small fire work show.  We had some friends over and the kids had a great time. 
We bought about $10 worth of fireworks so nothing huge, nothing over 2 feet tall but all of the kids ooed and awed over everything.  The way they were screaming you would have thought it was some huge show.  It was perfect for our little family.



So when I was younger I traveled a lot of the 4th of July.  I have seen some amazing fireworks at some amazing places.  Just to name a few, Disneyland, St. Louis, Washington DC, Charleston, Portland, Twin Falls, Provo, Grenada (not so many fireworks there) Boise, and now Detroit.  I love this country.
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Susan said...

I love those faces!!! How much more grandure do you need to get the thrill that they had. I love fireworks,as you know. This year we missed you in Cascade, Idaho watching the fireworks with all the grandkids. It was beautiful over the water. You surely know the value of some of the blessings of living in America!!! I know your children will grow up knowing those blessings!

Melinda said...

kids love to oooooohh and aaaaaahhh. That's the best.