Monday, June 30, 2014

The green machine


My parents came up for a weekend and we had a great garage sale.  I was so proud of my mom to purge so much stuff.  It is a great start.  We put our loving green machine (boat) for sale and we sold it.  It was a sad day but it was time for it to retire.  We had used it and got great memories in it.  We went to the river so much in my life.  It was second nature for me to ski and to boat.  I love the feeling of skiing on glass water down in the canyon.  We used to play golf, volleyball, Frisbee, BBQ, and ski all summer long.  That is what my summer memories are of.  A retired Navy man bought the boat and said he would take care of it and go fishing with it. Isn't that what you are supposed to do when you retire, fish?  so the green machine can now retire.  

1 comment:

Momma of a Missionary said...

That was a sweet boat. So many fun times with family and friends.
happy retirement old friend!!!