Friday, June 20, 2008

shoes

It is a cliche that women love shoes, and I do, but truly I don't have that many pair. But there comes a time when I have to part with my shoes, either because they have no use to me anymore or because they are out of fashion....who am I to talk about fashion... seriously. but I have had these two pairs of shoes, one of them is my steel toes boots that I wore to work at Glanbia and they saved my feet at the lab job that I had here in Charleston. Though they are still in pretty good shape, I just don't see myself wearing these shoes for any reason. I am not working with radioactive material anymore nor am I going to be working in a factory. Maybe it will do me well if I was doing construction, but that is not in the near future.... So sadly I am giving them away.

The other shoes I bought over 10 years ago and definitely got my money's worth. They were so stylish and "in" when I was in High school and college, yeah 10 years ago. they are the leather clunky DR Martin sandals. I hate to part with them. I tried to wear them a few months back but they were heavy and awkward. I wouldn't choose those shoes anymore. So alas those are gone too.
Speaking of throwing things away... which I love to do... at what point have you all thrown or given away your VCR.... or tape players????

5 comments:

Melinda said...

I'm proud of you throwing your favs away. I'm sure I have more than a few pair in my closet that need dismissing.

Tiffany Gremmert said...

YEAH for de-junking and seriously joining the 21st century in style. Thank goodness those shoes are gone. They needed to GO-O.

Susan said...

You are throwing something away?? Are people supposed to do that? I think I finally threw away a ton of my shoes because they have heels and I can't wear heels anymore. So proud of the "throwing away." I think it will be easier to throw some of my things away since I am here in Bountiful. If I have done without them this long...well...Love you!

Rachael said...

Thunder ate my DR Martins last year. I still wore them. Very comfortable.
About the VCR tapes. I still have mine. We still have a small TV with the VCR built in. I am in the process of putting my home VCR tapes onto DVD's. I did our wedding, reception, bridal showers, and graduation. It was pretty neat to watch. Do you want tapes? I have a lot of Disney if you want them?

kelli said...

Analee,
I have a pair of sandles just like those. I swear I have had them since college. I wear them all the time.