Sunday, September 14, 2008

Black eye

David and I were watching America's funniest home videos were they showed a montage of messing children, when they got into paint, bubbles, or makeup and we both thought, "that will not be our child". Well I spoke too soon. This morning, eliza found a mascara that I threw away and had watched me put it on, so she went right on doing it just like mommy,.... well.....





the bad thing was that this was waterproof mascara so I had to bust out some makeup remover to get it off. We got most of it off before we went to church.

Things that I have learned being a mother of two for a whole 2 weeks.

I feel like I am changing diapers all of the time..... and I feel like Eliza is picking the craziest places to have a poopy diaper. I swear before Fenton I rarely changed her in public or while we were out, but now it is almost every time. And I feel like as soon as I have one child that is clean, the next child is dirty in 30 minutes. I have learned to change both children at the same time, no matter what, or at least check both of them while I am in the changing diaper mode.

I have done so much laundry. I had a clean outfit for Fenton, feeling good about being prepared and having it right by my side, but to no avail. When I changed his diaper, he piddled on his new clean outfit, not so clean anymore and just added to the laundry without even being worn.

Sleep is a luxury. My biggest fear is the as soon as I get Fenton down, Eliza will wake up or start crying.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

That is such a funny pic. you gotta love it.

and i loved your use of "piddled". I'm a chucklin'

Clint Carter said...

Great post. We have all been there. At one point I was at church and someone pointed out a spot on my suit and I said to them, "Oh, its nothing, it is probably just spit-up, poop or potty.".

It seems that our kids were spaced out to the point that when one baby was potty trained, there was another baby right behind it starting on diapers. It seemed like it would never end.

kelli said...

Very funny!