Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Hurrican/TS Hanna, house, Fenton






With the arrival of Fenton, my parents came and visited for a couple of days. It has been an eventful week for us all. First there was the threat of Hurricane Hanna. We were watching and waiting all week and we watched as people bought tons of plywood to board up their house. We didn't take that extreme, instead we decided to put up our walls and trusses for the storm. We wanted to see if our craftsmanship could withstand a hurricane down here. David, Paul, and my dad worked on the house 12 hours a day to get the walls up, the trusses built and the roof on in time to have the storm hit Friday afternoon.

I purchased more water and filled our tank with gas and just waited. Truly we weren't expecting much but just in case, we were ready.

Well Friday came and the boys hard work paid off and they were finished right when the rain started to come. It was just a stormy day for us with a lot of rain, and not a lot of wind. We went back to the house Saturday morning and everything was still standing and ready to go. We were so grateful that our prayers were answered and it was not a severe storm.

It has been great to have my parents in town. Eliza has taken to Grandma very well. they are best friends, because Grandma is the Treat Queen. She has been a big help for me to be able to run errands or leave the kids with Grandma and get some things done.

Fenton is great. He actually has been sleeping through the night already. I know that it will probably change, but I will enjoy my sleep right now. Eliza has done really well with him. She doesn't smother him as much and is trying to be more soft. There are still times we have to be careful, but she is a great big sister.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

love all the pictures. I'm glad you and your house survived.
WE all want to see more pics of Fenton!!!!!

Michelle said...

You've sure got a handsome little guy! What a relief that your house is still standing.

Rachael said...

I am so happy for you Analee. It sounds like things are coming together for you. Fenton is just a cutie pie. I love hearing about how Eliza interacts with him. HMMMM Memories.

kelli said...

Analee,
Your kids are cute, and why am I not surprised that you are out working on your house days after giving birth. Girl you are amazing. It is great to keep in touch this way. I saw you asked what my blog was on facebook it is trentpackerfamily.blogspot.com