Sunday, May 31, 2009

Blake comes in

I have been selfish in my church calling.
I called my brother about 2 months ago and asked if he could come down and speak at one of our enrichment days in May. Yes, he is a great speaker and would inspire the women, but truly I just wanted him to come down and visit and if this is the way to do it then so be it.
We had a great enrichment activity. Blake was awesome !!!!! All of the women commented on how funny he was, and how they could have been in that class for hours. Thanks Blake for such a great class!
The sisters then proceeded on to the other classes of bread making, couponing and canning. It was so fun to have the women get in and actually do it, touch the dough, cut the beans, start their couponing book. At one point while I was doing the beans I looked around and thought this is what Relief Society is truly about, the women getting together talking and learning a skill from another woman that has that talent. It was such a great activity.
After the activity Blake and David and I played some racquetball and Eliza and Fenton just watched, although Eliza had an "emergency". Lets just say that I had to run her to the bathroom and put her in the shower, no other details are needed.
We played in the pool for a little bit then we headed down town. We went for a little walk and gave Blake the best tour we could of historic downtown.
We then were famished and got some food and headed to the hockey game. The local semi-pro team, the stingrays, where in the Kelly cup, which is equivalent to the Stanley cup but in their division. The Stringrays were 3 to 1 and this game could be the final game so we got some tickets and went.
I brought some warm pajamas for the kids and I brought a portable DVD players for Eliza and we stayed for 3 hours. Fenton was a little concerned about all of the sound but drank it all in, but Eliza was great with her headphones on watched Little mermaid. It was really cute and it allowed us to stay for the whole game.
We had a such a great weekend. I love my family!!!

2 comments:

Tiffany Gremmert said...

You are so selfish. Sneaky little sister tricking your brother into visiting you. I wish I could have heard his talk. I'm sure he was fabulous.

Melinda said...

I learned to love RS in Charleston too. Sounds like a great activity Ana. Did you learn anything interesting about couponing? send me a copy of the handout. I'm a pretty good couponer now.

Glad you had fun with Blake. Do you think he'd catch on if I asked him to speak here soon?