Monday, October 12, 2009

David's midterms are over

David's midterms are over and we had a chance to be together on a Saturday. It was so fun. Two couples in the ward and their kids were kind enough to drive us up and see a couple of castles new the area. We had so much fun. There were 5 kids running around and we enjoyed the good weather and the amazing architecture. We visited Alnwick castle which is where parts of Harry Potter were filmed. We didn't go inside but had lunch on the lawn of the castle. We walked through the little town and stopped at the historic bookshop that was in the old train station. We found a bible from 1807. The kids favorite part was the toy train above the bookshelves. They watched it go around and around. The whole store would know when it was coming by the joyful glee coming from our corner. My favorite part was the fireplace with the warm glow of the flames that greeted you as you walked in. It was a great atmosphere.

The second castle we visited was Bamburgh castle up the coast a bit. IT was breathtaking. David and I went inside with the kids. Eliza kept saying she needs to be the princess. The castle was built nearly 2000 years ago and there have been additions to it to make it so awesome. Both castles had occupants, the Duke of Northumbria and the King of Northumbria.
The castle had an amazing view of the coast. It was just nice to be together and enjoy this new land at such a beautfiul season.


7 comments:

Melinda said...

Those are so awesome. I so badly want to come!!!! The days of knights and ladies are my favorite.
the pictures are beautiful!!!

Susan said...

Oh Analee, those pictures are beautiful!!! That looks like so much fun. Those Castles are HUGE! And the view really is breathtaking. I'm amazed that someone still lives there. I'm so glad that David has had such good grades and that you could be with him and just relax and play.

Receli said...

I love the pictures, and I bet it is even better up close! What a fun day off :)

Anonymous said...

So beautiful--makes the stress of moving a little easier. Glad youa re soaking up all that fun stuff.

kelli said...

Analee, I am so glad to see you are having some good times now! I love England. I wish I could come for a visit!

Tawni Williams said...

Such beautiful countryside! I'm so happy that things are going so well for you guys!

Michelle said...

How fun! I am so glad you guys had some time to be together! So rare, but precious! Wish I could visit all those cool places!