Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Eliza turns 3

With all of the excitement of the cruise and the big boat and London, Eliza was still waiting for her third birthday. We have told Eliza that her birthday is after the big boat so she was excited for that. Even when we were on the boat she would tell people "I am not 3 yet" so when her birthday finally came it was exciting. She woke up in the morning and I told her she was three and she said "no I am not, I am not bigger yet". Then after breakfast she came in and said " ok I am bigger now. I am 3". We had a great birthday. We all went swimming and she loved it. The pool was a perfect depth for Eliza to walk around but still learn to swim. That night her friends came over and made the day seem very special. We had a tinklebell cake and great presents.

Truly Eliza was the greatest Christmas I have ever had. I still remember being in the hospital on Christmas Eve and the carolers came by and started to sing "come let us adore him". Tears came to my eyes because I wanted to adore my little girl. She has brought so much joy to my life. When she is asleep, I miss her. She is so obedient, gentle hearted and loves her brother. I love her twirls and dancing and wanting to dress up. I am grateful every day that Heavenly Father trusted us with this special spirit.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweetie!

Melinda said...

There is something special about the first child. They become your best buddy while daddy is away. And they are your biggest helper when the other children come along.

I wish we could give her a hug happy birthday.

Clint Carter said...

I love the part when you say, "When she is asleep, I miss her.".

Susan said...

Truly this is a Special Child. We all love to hear her talk! She is so fresh and innocent. We are all blessed that she has come to your family and WE are able to share her. Looks like she got some really fun things. Happy Birthday Eliza!!!