Tuesday, December 8, 2009

fudge

I made fudge for Thanksgiving and it was quite the challenge. I couldn't find the marshmallow fluff that makes fudge so easy, so I improvised and used marshmallows. That is also hard to find. I found a bag of big marshmallows but they were pink and white and the pink ones had a strawberry flavor to it. I picked all of the pink ones out, and with a recipe from my sister I made some pretty good fudge.


(remember that our fridge is a mini fridge, perfect size for Fenton) The fudge was so good I caught Fenton red handed. (my narration of the picture) "What mom, I didn't do anything wrong" Notice the fudge smears on the freezer next to the fridge. You gotta love a boy that loves fudge.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

ymmmmmmmmmmmm. Fudge sounds good. I'm glad the recipe worked....but I'm sure it wasn't as good as moms, I even like hers better than some fancy dancy fudge company that sells theirs for $5 a sliver.

Susan said...

Caught you Red Handed...or brown handed as the case may be. Who can blame him when there is fudge involved. How on earth do you survive with such a tiny fridge?? I have a side by side and I still don't have enough room. Do you have any freezer space?? I hope you're writing all this stuff down. It will make good copy some day when your kids are whining about what's in the fridge.

Leslie said...

I never grew up in a fudge household, but I sure can remember making and eating it with the Carters! Marshmallow fluff and all!