Wednesday, August 11, 2010

little critters

Here are just a few of the critters that are around here. This caterpillar is huge and so odd looking. The kids watched it for about 20 minutes.

Doesn't this spider just look mean? There were two of them on a bush in the back yard.
I was talking on the phone with my sister and the kids were outside playing. Eliza kept calling my name and so I got off the phone with my sister to open the door and let her in. She was standing there holding a 8 inch long lizard and I about flipped out. I kept yelling at her to drop the lizard, drop the lizard. I didn't know if it was alive or fake, but it was long. It was dead, so I don't know if that is any better, but Eliza didn't even blink an eye about holding it. She isn't afraid of anything. She picks up the little caterpillars all of the time, and Fenton loves playing "step on it" with the bugs. I don't think the bugs like it because they always lose.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

yuck. I hate bugs. the catepillar looks kindof cool. but that spider........gives me the heebie geebies.

Clint Carter said...

Step on the bugs sounds like a fun game and it sounds like where you are living, it could go on forever. I hate big ugly spiders. Lizards I can stand.

Susan said...

I'm not sure I like these kind of toys. I just hope they don't come hauling in a snake some time! I'm sure there is a whole zoo of insect creatures around you. You're all pretty brave, I think.