Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My back yard

So living in a tropical island, our backyard is quite full of tropical fruits. It is quite entertaining to have so many fruit trees that I will never have again. We have 5 mango trees, a cherry tree, a green orange tree, lime tree, a guava tree and a noni tree. For those of you not familiar with noni it is a rare fruit that the juice is sold as a cure-all in the States. It is the weird looking white fruit.
Sadly I am not very good at keeping up with all of the fruit or using it properly, or even at all.
We made some guacamole with fresh lime which was nice. I always cut up the mangoes and freeze the fruit for smoothies later, but the rest I don't use. I tried the guava and it turns out that you can't eat the seeds and they feel like gravel, and the green oranges, I never know if they are ripe, and they are not very juicy.
So that is just a little of my backyard here in Grenada.



3 comments:

Reece said...

I haven't seen a noni before, cool.

Receli said...

You will probably have it all figured out when you are ready to leave... crazy!

Susan said...

Ana, you need to get busy and find out how to use that fruit. It might cure all your mosquito bites! You should have lime in your water every day. The vitamin C would be great for all of you. Put a few drops of sweetner. YUM.