Saturday, February 12, 2011

Our day as fugitives of the law


David had one of his best friends from high school come into town to visit and we wanted to have a fun day with them and their 3 little girls. We decided that we were going to go to a fish hatchery outside of town. I really didn't have any idea where is was, but I pretended. Needless to say after passing 2 other hatcheries, asking where to go, going the wrong direction for 7 miles and a warm dispute with David and 3 1/2 hour drive we saw some fish.
We actually saw some really big steel head, tiny larva, and a lot of regular size fish. The kids weren't too impressed but they knew that if they endured this trip they could go swimming.
We were all dressed and ready to go swimming and headed down to the pool. There were a lot of cars in the parking lot and we knew that was not a good sign. The pool was closed due to a swim meet, so we had to start thinking of plan B. We decided to go to the Y. We got all the children excited and out of the car. The pool closed at 11:00, so the kids were super sad. We had to find a plan C. There are no other public pools in Twin falls so we had to resort to being creative. How could we tell 4 little girls and 1 little boy that have their little hearts set on swimming that they were all closed.
We went to a local hotel and I walked right in and kind of snuck into their indoor pool and opened the back door for everyone else. They were so excited and we stayed for 45 minutes. I felt the guilt for about 15 minutes but I saw the joy on my kids face and it was worth it.
I realized that I love my children enough to perform an illegal act.

2 comments:

Reece said...

haha, hilarious! I didn't know you had such a wild side! I was so excited to see an update on your blog, thinking it was about the new baby! We'll be praying for you guys!

Melinda said...

brilliant!!!! I don't think i would have thought of that. Sneaky girl.