Saturday, March 8, 2014

Kalahari


The week after winter break offers great deals at different amusement parks.  We went to Kalahari in Sandusky, OH with some friends from the branch. It is the largest indoor water park in the US.  It has a huge water park with tons of slides, wave pool, 2 bodyboarding areas, 2 kiddies play areas, indoor softplay, arcade, spa, ect.  It was huge.  We arrived Wed night and went straight to the park.  We hit as many slides as we could, according to height.  Eliza loved the toilet bowl the most.  Fenton loved the Cheeta races, Carter loved the small pools with octopus basketball hoops.  David loved the bodyboarding area and I loved the indoor/outdoor hot tub.  Something for all of us.



 By Friday morning the kids were worn out.  Fenton and Carter didn't even want to get their swimsuits on.  They were done. I took them to the arcade for a little bit and let them play inside in the indoor funscape.  It was awesome with balls and slides and airguns.  My favorite part is that I could run around inside the funscape with them and go down the slides.  It was fun for me, but exhausting. 
 Thursday we were the first ones in and hit it as hard and fast as we could.  Carter was exhausted and so he and I went back for a long nap in our room.  The other kids and David kept playing. 

 After we played in the arcade we got the kids in the waterpark one more time before going home.  The boys were still tired but wanted to relax in the lazy river and hot tub.  Also we all went to the bodyboarding pool and Fenton, Eliza, David and I all did it.  It was a blast and I was so proud of the kids of being so brave and try it.  I was a little nervous but as soon as I got on it, I tried and flip, and I made it.  I was super pumped about that.  check out the videos of all the kids doing it.
http://youtu.be/GfPoP1TMSqM
http://youtu.be/Ai7awxgG_lc
http://youtu.be/PqEogcRu29s
http://youtu.be/e0sXAiAmcmA



 



 
It was a great vacation with our friends and family.  I hope the kids remember what a special, unique, fun 3 days we had. 

1 comment:

Susan said...

That looks like such an amazingly FUN place!!! I just loved watching the wake boarding. Looks like a fun trip. How far away is this???