Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Thunder over Louisville

Two weeks ago, my sister Tiffany came and stayed with us for 2 nights. Her husband was on an overnighter for work so she came down. As we were looking at her flight to go home we got the crazy notion that I go with her for a few days.
It was great. Eliza and I hopped on the same flights as Tiff and spent a week in Louisville. David was able to join us on Friday.
That weekend was the big beginning of the Kentucky Derby. It is huge. They have a huge firework show to start off the 3 weeks before the race. We were able to go see some horse races. They were huge, so many people there. it was great to see the excitement.
That night we went to the river where they have the firework show. It is the biggest firework show in the US. It is two barges letting off simultaneous firework with a huge bridge between them and there are fireworks off of the bridge too. it was huge. I was so great to be there. you could actually feel the power.
The evening was very cold and my blood has really gone thin since living here in Charleston so Tiff was kind enough to get out all of her winter things and share them with my family. We were in the cold for about 2 hours all together. The kids did quite well, even Tiff's little 9 week old.
I did come away with a little cold.
The hi-light was getting out of traffic. Last year they said they were in traffic for at least an hour and a half, well we did out scouting out and found a great spot, near the on-ramp to the highway. It took less than 2 minutes to get going. It was awesome.
The other great thing was the Blake my brother has started some work right near Louisville so I was able to be with him and have some dinner with him.
It was a great East coast reunion!!!!!
Tiff has all of the pics.... sorry

5 comments:

Tiffany Gremmert said...

I loved having you here! I'm so glad we toughed out the Thunder over Louisville because now you know how awesome it is. Thanks for coming up. It was so much fun.
We miss cute Eliza.

Melinda said...

I didn't know you did all that fun stuff. Sounds like a great time!! I miss being an east coaster.

Rachael said...

Wow what fun! I heard I was the only one alone that weekend. I can't wait to see the pictures.

Michelle said...

Dave, let's leave off the nicknames if you please....

Anonymous said...

Analee--
Hey it's Danielle (Coakley) Bowers. I was commenting on your sisters blog, and noticed your name with a comment by it. How fun that you have a blog! And congrats on you pregnancy. I am expecting our 3rd boy in August. YIKES!!!

Eliza is adorable and I envy you and the lovely weather you are having in Charleston. You can check us out at http://rdbowersfamily.blogspot.com/