Sunday, March 8, 2009

About me

I got a job. About 2 weeks ago I applied for a part time job at the same company that David works at and the same company that I used to work at.
The hours are Wed, Thurs, and Fri 4-8 PM. It is only 12 hours a week. It was perfect for us. I wouldn't have to leave the kids. Sadly I will not be working with urine or fecal. i will not even be working in the lab area with radioactive material. I will be helping with packaging. Getting all of the data to the clients.
Anyway with this new development, David and I bought a really nice bike. We only have one car and we didn't know how we could do this if we were to shuffle the kids around every time one of had to go to work, so we bought a bike. work is only 1.5 miles away.
Our plan is that David will take the bike in the morning and then I will pick him up with the kids in the van at 4:00 and I would stay and work. I then would ride the bike home at 8:00 so David can put the kids to bed without having to pack them up to get me.
Also, David and I have joined a gym. we got rid of cable and decreased our Internet service and so we put that money toward our health and we joined a gym. we love it so far. It has day care, classes, racquetball courts, and a heated indoor pool. We played racquetball on Saturday and swam with the kids. It is great.

6 comments:

kelli said...

I work 12 hours a week too. It is good for me, I just do mine all in one day. Unfortuantly, I do work with Feces and Urine!
I love my gym. Back in the Day I never had to work out, but now I have to and more, and I miss when I miss a day.
Sounds like you are doing good.

kelli said...

opps, I meant to spell unfortunately.

Melinda said...

That job sounds perfect. YOu are blessed. So many people don't have a job. Good luck with all the tag teaming.

Matt and Debbie said...

That's awesome! Fenton is looking so big in that picture in Eliza's crib!!

Cammie said...

Analee, It's Cammie your old roommate. I've been trying to get in touch with you and found you blog on Kelli's. It's great to your cute family. Hope all is well!!

Susan said...

Although I hate to have you go to work even for a few hours a week, I think that you are blessed for the time being. I think that you are blessed to have the ability to get a job so quickly. Be Careful and wise.