Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Heavenly Father answers prayers

Yesterday I gave Eliza a few almonds to snack on. she has liked them in the past so I didn't think twice about it. She came up to me a few minutes later and said, "nose hurt". I looked and she had stuck a almond up her nose. I could see it but it was pretty far up there. I tried to get it out with some tweezers... no luck. I called up my doctor friend and went over to her house. She had some fancy forcepts in her doctor bag and yet we still couldn't get it out. I waited for David to come home and help me hold her down and get the almond out. We still couldn't do it. I didn't' want to go to the Dr. just to get this out of her nose but I had to.

I went to a quick care place and the Dr. tried to get it out. Eliza was in hysterics the whole time. People had been holding her down all day and she has been kicking and screaming. poor girl. We had two of us holding her down while the Dr. tried to get the almond. The Dr. still couldn't get it so she suggesting flushing it with saline. So we stuck a little syringe up Eliza's nose and she was crying and crying. It felt like she was drowning because of all of the water. It was so hard for me to hold her. We tried that 3 times and the almond still wouldn't come out. We worked on it for nearly an hour. My poor little Eliza was bloody and crying. The Dr. said that the other possibility was to take her to ENT and have them sedate her and then be able to grab it.

I didn't want to take her to the ENT.

I went home and later that night I asked David to give her a blessing. For information, the almond was not blocking her breathing at all so it wasn't dangerous, but still we needed to get it out. David said no, but that we will just pray for it that night. I was annoyed. He then asked me "don't you have enough faith in your prayers?" and I said no. there have been too many times that I have asked for something and I don't get an answer so I didn't have faith in my ability to ask. that really bothered me that I didn't have faith like a child and just ask.

We put her down to sleep and she went to sleep quick. I went into the back room and prayed. It was a special moment for me but I came out crying because I really was wavering in faith.

We sat and watched tv for about 20 minutes and then Eliza started to cry a little so I went to check on her and she was sitting up and the almond was in the bed. It had come out.

Now I have to say that this was truly an answer to my prayer, so immediate that I just started crying. I am so minute in my faith that I need to be better. I need to go to the Lord more often. I need to trust in Him and trust in myself.

I couldn't get it out, my Dr. friend couldn't get it out, David couldn't get it out, the Dr. couldn't get it out, but Heavenly Father did. It still touches my heart that he heard me and answered my unbelief.

8 comments:

Lizi said...

Thank you for sharing Analee...you're always my senior companion teaching me to be better. I started an email to you and will finish it soon. I can't wait to play with you on the east coast! I'm talking Flake into coming out sometime and we'll do a road trip up there or you can come down or something. Te dua! And I'm so glad all nuts were extracted safely.

Melinda said...

I am always amazed at the prayers that are answered. Even nuts coming out of noses. One time my friend in Cincy needed to find a modest prom dress and only had 2 hours. She prayed and prayed and when the 2 hours came she felt like she should go to a store clear across town. She did and low and behold a beautiful modest dress!!! Be specific and God will bless.

Susan said...

I am SO touched by the Lord's "tender mercies". It's sometimes hard to remember that he knows the hairs of our heads. I just HATED that little Eliza had to be so traumatised over this. Poor little thing. But what a wonderful lesson for you, His precious daughter.

Clint Carter said...

I always feel embarrassed to ask the Lord for simple little blessings. I am always amazed at how often they are answered. I prayed once for help to find my car in an enormous parking lot.

Tawni Williams said...

Thanks for sharing - it's amazing how he really is right there ready to answer. Poor Eliza - so happy it all turned out well! Awesome story..

JonathanJeni said...

CRAZY!!! I am so glad Zaza is okay now, and that you two had a moment of growth. Thank you for your honesty. You're an inspiration! Now I will go make sure I pick everything up off the floor that is smaller than a dime. :)

Matt and Debbie said...

Wow. My eyes are watery. I wonder if getting her to sneeze would help next time? Oh, wait, there will probably not be a next time!! Thanks for sharing something so personal... a good reminder to me.

laura said...

Dear Analee,
Thank you for reminding me why David fell in love with you.
You are such a valiant mommy.
We love to hear about ZaZa. Thank you for sharing,
We love you Laura