Saturday, September 19, 2009

Favorite places

I have noticed that there are some favorite places of the kids... this is Fentons. He loves to open the washer/dryer and pull out the clothes then stick his head in, often times with his legs scrambling to get in all of the way, not yet successful. He loves to take coins or pens and have them clank around in it or just yell in it. I think he likes that it echos

This is one of their favorite places, on the window sill. They could spend hours there watching what is going on in the real world. With no TV, I think this is the biggest screen that we could get, and some outside entertainment too. They get mad at me if I want them to get down. Fenton gets himself up there. I think it is cute.

One of my fondest memories of my home in Twin Falls is the fireplace. We had 3 of them when I was growing up. I remember waking up on a freezing morning and my parents would already be up, reading their scriptures by the fire. I loved snuggling up next to it while I woke up and my mom always had hot chocolate ready and waiting for me. That always made me feel like I was home.

There is something about a fireplace that is so inviting, even if it isn't a real fire. This is our little fireplace, it has hot air coming from it but the flame is just a light. It has been chilly in the morning, so I have taught the kids how to snuggle by the fire, even if it is only 5 minutes.



3 comments:

Melinda said...

Those are all so cute. I love them by the "tv" watching the world go by. I'm glad that the fake fireplace at least puts out warmth!!! cuddle, cuddle, cuddle!!!

Leslie said...

I LOVED your fireplaces and when we'd light them on our sleep overs! Your kids are adorable, by the way!

Susan said...

I loved seeing Fenton's little bum sticking out of the dryer. I hope he never gets old enough or smart enough to get all the way in. I'm so sad to see them standing at the window. But if that will help their imaginations and help you, then I will bare with it. Thank you for the comment about the fireplace. I really miss that here. There is nothing like that comfort and warmth. It's a great place to wake up and to go to bed. I hope that we'll be able to do that again with you soon.