Saturday, September 12, 2009

Today's adventures

Quick update, we still don't have our money in the England bank, but we do have it in our US bank and it has been the darndest thing to try to transfer it over. With 2 different wire transfers going we may get it by next Friday.
We still don't have our Internet. We have been "borrowing it" from our neighbor, but the Internet company said it would be another 3 weeks... crazy..
other than that things are going well. The kids and I are getting into a good groove and David is studying a lot, like he should.
Today the kids and I went out for an adventure around town. We walked near the newcastle which the city was named after and built it 1100's and it was open for "heritage day" for free. So me and kids toured the Newcaste. I thought it was sooo cool but Eliza was a little scared of the big stone stairs. There were spiral stone staircases and corridors everywhere. I kept telling her that it is like the castle like "sleeping beauty" and that would calm her down for a couple of minutes. We were able to go clear to the top and see the city. It was a fun surprise for us to tour this "newcastle".

We were walking around and saw this limo H2 and it was pink and it is called "pinkerbell" so Eliza graciously posed it front of it.

6 comments:

Lizi said...

Hi Analee! What an adventure, I love all the posts you've done lately!! I'm glad you're getting out to see all your surroundings. I can't believe how tiny your kitchen is...good thing you're a food scientist and know how to make it work! Have you met any Albanians there yet? Your kidlets are adorable. I can't believe I still haven't met them yet. I'm hoping we get over there or to the islands to see you sometime over the next year or two. Miss you.

Melinda said...

SOOOOOOO coooool!!!! that castle is an awesome background for your cute kids. Way to be adventurous!

Receli said...

I love your pics! I watched the youtube of your flat! Can you fit 2 people in the kitchen? I miss you!

Justin and Crystal said...

Wow! I just spend forever reading your blog (I should be asleep)! I can't believe the adventures you guys have been having. You're such a strong person. Good luck in England for 9 months before you get your feet back in the sand. Enjoy!!

Tawni Williams said...

WOW! What a blast! It's going to be sooo fun seeing all the things you post on your adventure out there!

Susan said...

I almost thought I saw Cinderella walking down the steps of that castle. Where is Eliza's crown?? I'm so glad you "happened on to" the heritage days. Amazing view from the castle. It's to bad that the kids aren't just a little older so they could remember some of this AMAZING stuff.