Thursday, November 26, 2009

things I am thankful for

Here is a list of things I am thankful for. This list seems to mean a lot more to me this year than it has any other year.

Prayer to my Heavenly Father
My thoughtful husband David
my wonderful kids
a car that can take you from point A to point B protected from the weather
root beer
heated showers
towel racks
big garbage cans
groceries that can be delivered
my stroller
David in Medschool
my loving supportive family... (I love you)
long warm beautiful summer days
play groups
my English friends
America (so many things to say)
Costco
drive thru's restaurants
tv's that can use cable
DVD players that play region 1
fake fireplaces
real fireplaces
Idaho
Boxing day (it is an awesome English holiday)
The restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ
Temples
Doctors
good medicine
computers
skype
technology
sleeping in (I don't ever do that but I would be thankful for it)
David's dedication
my mission
the grocery store across the street
the big window in our apartment
good music
This list is a bit different than what I usually have but it is the time and the place that allows you to be greatful for certain things.
I hope everyone has a safe a happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Melinda said...

I am thankful for YOU!!! We sure missed you and gazured you and your family at dinner!!!

The whole video skype still amazes me. that's what they did on the Jetsons.....which was supposed to be WayWAY in the future.

Susan said...

What a GREAT list! It's amazing what different circumstances help you recognize great blessings. I have been making a list each night of 10 things that I am thankful for that day. During the day now I am watching and recognizing those things that make me happy and those things that I am very thankful to have. Honestly, it has changed my life. I sleep better, I am happier and I smile and recognize the help that other are giving me. Being thankful changes a person from living in a negative attitude to a positive one. Keep it up girl!!!