Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Easter 2011







Easter was great. We had some cousins come into town so we played with them. We went to the big Egg hunt down town at the park. It is the same place that I went when I was a little kid. It was fun to see Fenton and Eliza with all of the other kids. Then we had a egg hunt at Grandma Hirschi's and they loved it. Then we had a candy hunt at the Carter's with the Carter's and it was great fun, so needless to say my kids were hunted out. Eliza got a beautiful new dress and Fenton got some new shorts.

I know the concept of resurrection is hard to understand for little children, but I hope that they learn and understand something new each time we try to teach it to them. We watched "To this end was I born" and Eliza wanted to watch it again. I am glad that she wanted to watch the movie about the Savior and bring the spirit of Easter into our home.


I know that this great event happened and it is the only way that we can return to our Heavenly Father and with our loved ones. I don't know how to show how grateful I am to my Savior for His love and sacrifice for me and my family. He truly is the Son of God.

2 comments:

Tiffany Gremmert said...

What a fun Easter with plenty of "hunting". Sometimes I have to do a double take on Eliza because I think it is Savanna and then I remember Savanna is 12.

Melinda said...

glad you got enough hunting.