Saturday, May 14, 2011

Melinda's house

Melinda, my sister, went on a vacation with her husband and she asked me to come to Boise to take care of her 5 children. I said of course. So I brought my chaotic life up to her chaotic life and it turned out great.
Her kids are ages 6-17 so they are all quite self-reliant so I just had to make sure they ate and were at the right place at the right time.
I ventured out and took the kids swimming and made some pizza. Most of the bigger kids had places to be for dinner so that was stress free.
Saturday was the big "soccer mom" day. Two of her younger kids had soccer and I had to take them.
This is where it gets interesting. It was very cold and windy on Saturday so I had to make sure to bring lots of blankets for the kids, chairs, and I was worried about Carter being cold. We had lots of hands to help take out the chairs and blankets to watch our first game. The only concern was that my kids were cold but besides that it went fine. It was the afternoon game that proved to be a little more difficult.
On the way over to the game all three of my kids fell asleep. I dropped off Megan to find her field to play on but she didn't find it, so I had to run and find it for her with all of my kids still in the car. When I got back Carter was crying and Eliza was out of the car with her chair super tired. Fenton was still asleep and I didn't know how I was going to carry Carter, blankets, chairs and Fenton to the field. I was trying to get Fenton out of the back, while I have Carter in his car seat crying and Eliza crying. One mom walked by and asked where her mom was. I had my bum sticking out of the car trying to get Fenton. Finally he woke up but wanted me to carry him. After a lot of crying and being a pack mule we made it to the field. It turned out fine but I knew then I am not cut out to be a soccer mom, or I need a wagon to carry everything.
Melinda had a great time and I am glad that I could come and help. The kids loved playing with their cousins.

PS while in boise 2 major events happened. prince william and katherine got married and Osama Bin Laden was killed.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

yeah, it's nice to get a little glimpse of what's next in your life. I see mom's toting chairs and tents and strollers and babies and blankets and food every week. It is exhausting.

Melinda said...

OH, and I can't thank you enough for coming. My mind was at ease once you got into town.

Susan said...

How did you ever do that??? Sometimes I think that moms should grow extra arms if the whole theory of evolution is true. It's also amazing to me that we all do what we have to do at the moment. God made us AMAZING WOMEN!!!!