Monday, February 2, 2015

Christmas

 We spent Christmas in Boise because David was on his Peds rotation.  We had a cute little apartment but I spent most of my days playing with my cute sister Melinda.  We had a nativity scene and a new year party.






 We decided that this year we would cut down our tree from the forest.  We went for a 2 1/2 hour hike but came up empty handed.  The kids were great even though we didn't get a tree.  t is hard to find a pine tree that is the right size and look like a Christmas tree.  David went the next day to a different mountain and got this little tree.  It may not be beautiful but it has character.
 For Thanksgiving we went to Twin falls and I ran my first 5K the Turkey trot.  It was a secret from David because he never believes me that I would run it.  I secretly signed up for it and trained for it.  So Thanksgiving morning I woke up and put on my running clothes and my two sister-in-laws, (who are awesome runners) ran with me and it was so much fun.  
Then we headed to Park City to hang out with my family at the condo in Park City.  We went to Temple Square on the Friday after and it was NOT a good idea.... thousands and thousands of people there.  We really couldn't enjoy it.  It was beautiful but I was too worried about losing my kids.  It was lovely but we will go on a different day next time.


 ISU had a Christmas party and Santa was there.  He was so sweet.  They had hot cocoa, crafts, and a horse drawn carriage.  I loved the ice sculpture chair.

No comments: