Monday, February 2, 2015

sledding



 We went sledding with our friends.  It was a nice day but it ended to be a tragic day.


This was the picture right before Eliza got in a sledding accident.  She hit a jump at a turn and hit a tree with her face.  Her face swelled up within seconds.  I couldn't believe it.  I ran her to the ER while my friends watched the boys.  I was so worried because it swelled up so quickly.  She had lost her memory.  She couldn't remember Christmas, where David was (in boise) her birthday.  it was so scary.  I kept asking her our phone number and address and she DID remember that.  The Dr. xrayed her leg because she was complaining that it was hurt.  She kept asking me what happened, her face hurt and I would tell her and then she would ask me again. What happened?  Will I get stitches?  do I have to get a shot?  over and over again. it was so scary.  She got a CAT scan and during that time was the most stressful to me.  I knew that the results would determine if my little girl would be ok.  The scan turned out fine but she was still pretty concussed.  after a few hours she started to settle down and be my sweet girl.  With all of this David was in Boise and on his way home so I called him and told him Eliza was in an accident.  He got home at 11:00 that night and saw the picture below.  David's brother was coming to town so I asked him to come to the ER and give Eliza a blessing.  He came and gave her a blessing and it calmed my nerves.  I am so grateful for righteous men in my life.  She is doing much better now. It has taken ab out a month for the swelling and bruising to go away.  The scab got really big but it fell off about 3 days before her baptism.  
Even with all of this she has a smile on her face and she got a new bear from her caring thoughtful Aunt Tiff.  We called him Phil because he feels soft and he makes her feel better!