Wednesday, December 3, 2008

the ribbon cutting ceremony

if you haven't noticed the huge orange eye sore at the front of our house than you are blind. There has been an orange fence around the famous tree for the last 3 months and we were finally able to take it down. We wanted it to be a big ribbon cutting ceremony and take pictures and toast with martinelli's, but things happened rather quickly that we didn't get a choice.


We have been wanted to put mulch down around the tree and the company that I had contacted said they could only deliver 100 yards,,,, which is a lot. But the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, at 7:00 AM they called and said they had 10 yards they wanted to dump and they would be here in 30 minutes... 7:00 AM what?? So I started moving quickly for cutting down the orange fence and then putting all of the weeds and limbs in garbage bags. I did it just in time and now we have mulch around the tree. Also that same day, we finally got our certificate of Occupancy. With many failed inspections and living in the house illegally for 2 weeks, we finally passed and I really wanted to burn the permits, for they are no longer in need. Later that night David and I did toast with martinellis and were so grateful that the house was finally approved and that the fence was down.




Here are some pics of the final fence down.









3 comments:

Tiffany Gremmert said...

Yeah the fence is down, the fence is down.

Melinda said...

I think I'm still mad at the tree for you. I hope somehow it was worth keeping. I hope it provide so much shade that you save $100 every month in cooling bills. And I hope it doesn't drip some weird goo that you'll hate to clean up.

Susan said...

I'm a believer in the tree! I think that although it started out under shaky ground that you will love it and enjoy it for the future. I'll drink a Martinelle to the tree. MOM