Monday, August 24, 2009

Washington

After our Carter Reunion, we headed up to Twin falls for a night and then up to Washington to visit with David's grandparents. It was a long 8 hour drive but the kids did well. That night was Grandpa and Grandma Hart's 60th wedding anniversary and most of the family came in to town, in Wanachee and had dinner. It was in Leavenworth, a cute little town in the mountains that was modeled after a Swiss German town. It was nice to meet David's aunts and uncles.
We spent the day there and enjoyed the great weather.
David's sister Michelle came with us on this trip to Washington and she had a competition with her sister of who could run the most miles during the trip. I got up with them one morning and decided to run with them. Mind you I had been running on the tread mill about a month and a half ago and I thought I was doing well when I ran 20 minutes. When we began they asked me how long I usually run for and I told them my usual 20 minutes... they looked at me and laughed, they usually run for an hour, up to 5 or 6 miles. I knew I was going to die, and die I did. Wanachee is very hilly anyway which didn't help anything. I ran my 20 minutes and did ok but they just kept going and going and I was hurting. About an hour later with me walking and jogging intermittently, we arrived at the house and I came away with only 5 blisters on my feet. Needless to say I was not ready for that run and neither were my feet.
We headed down to Othello and visited the Hirschi's. Fenton was named after grandpa hirschi so we wanted some pictures. We had a bbq with them and visited some of David's friends. It was a lovely visit.
Although in the midst of it all lurked an ongoing battle with trying to get our visas for moving to England. This began in Bountiful and continued through our whole trip.... .
here are some pics of the grandparents.

1 comment:

Matt and Debbie said...

What a crazy and wild summer you have had!! I'm assuming you finally made it to England with the castle picture. What's going on now?