Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas surprises

I knew what I was going to get David for Christmas for a few weeks so I was excited and ready. I bought him some new scriptures while he was still in Grenada and I wrapped them up inconspicuously and was excited for him to have it. I thought it would be a nice surprise for him. He came home and saw the present and didn't know what it was. But a few days later he commented that he wanted to scriptures for Christmas so I felt like the surprise was taken away and I had already thought of it a couple of weeks ago. This is him opening it up and being a little surprised and excited.

While this was all happening I really didn't know what David was going to get me. I gave him a few ideas and we went shopping but I knew that he hadn't bought anything. I also knew that he didn't have much time to shop and buy something for me. He and his dad and brother went down to Las Vegas for the BSU bowl game so I knew he was gone for 3 days and he didn't buy anything on Christmas Eve, so truly I didn't think he got anything for me. I even went out and bought a few small things for me from him. When all of the presents were opened, I started to gather all of the kids toys thinking that it was over, he truly didn't get anything for me this year. I almost started to get tears in my eyes but tried to not care. Just then he went back and brought out a guitar stand, then a guitar case, then a beautiful guitar. I couldn't believe it. He bought me a really nice guitar. He knew I played a little bit but saw a twinkle in my eyes the last time I played in Bountiful in June and got the idea that it would be a good hobby for me. It was great, the guitar is beautiful and sounds wonderful. I am excited to get better. It was very thoughtful. He did the true surprising this year. Thanks David !!!


7 comments:

Lizi Bates said...

What an awesome present! And go David for being able to pull it off as a surprise.

Melinda said...

I love that he came up with such a unique surprise. Carry on the Carter tradition of the guitar. Perfect!!!!!
Way to go DAVID!

Susan said...

5 stars for David for getting the guitar!!! That shows the thought and generosity and perspective of such a wonderful gift. I hope it will be a gift of music for your home and a gift of pleasure for yourself.

Matt and Debbie said...

Always enjoyable to catch up on your blog and see your latest adventures! Hope all goes well with delivery soon and that this next semester turns out well for your family. And yep, I made the cake.

paula said...

Hi. You do not know me but I think I am related to your husband. My father had a 1st cousin named Fenton Hirschi. My name is Paula Hirschi Arriola, the daughter of Merlin Hirschi. I live in Hurricane, Utah. Fenton was the son of my great aunt Allie DeMille Hirschi Wright. {or maybe it is my aunt Anonna Hirschi Kleinman} I am getting my aunts confused. Is you husband related to Gottlieb Hirschi who came to America from Schangnau, Bern, Switzerland in 1860? I am on Facebook or my email is hirschigirl@aol.com.

paula said...

Hello. You will not know me but I'll bet that I am related to you husband. My name is Paula Hirschi Arriola. I live in Hurricane, Utah where I was born and raised. My father had a 1st cousin named Fenton Hirschi. I believe that I heard that he passed way not so long ago. I may have cousins confused. His mother was either my great aunt Allie DeMille Hirschi Wright or another great aunt Anonna Hirschi Kleinman. Both were from Hurricane. If he was my aunt Allie's boy, I live in the house he grew up in before his father Milo Hirschi died. can you help me with this? I am on Facebook or my email is hirschigirl@aol.com.

Ashley said...

What a great surprise! Thank goodness for blogs so I can still keep up with your life. We miss you here and I hope all is well at home. Can't wait to see your little boy on the way!!! Lots of love from the island.