Monday, April 29, 2013

Easter 2013

 We had a fun crazy Easter.  I was super busy that week building bunkbeds so I didn't spend a lot of time preparing for Easter like I would have liked.  Kensi was sweet enough to invite us over for an egg hunt and they loved that.  It was one of the few nice days we have had so it was perfect.  I did fit in about 30 min for the kids to dye eggs, but I was running around like a crazy person.
Grandma sent Eliza a beautiful Easter dress and she loved it.  This is before church on Easter Sunday.  I love my cutie pants.  Eliza was expecting the Easter bunny to come after church, but it had been raining all day and we came home from church and she was very disappointed.  She had written a note to the Easter bunny and asked for a chocolate bunny and put it on the front window.  She was so sad when the easter bunny hadn't come after church.  The kids took a nap and while they were sleeping the Easter bunny came and left Eliza a note and told her she didn't get a chocolate bunny but got a new movie.  They loved running around in the backyard to pick up candy.  They had a great Easter day.  We really tried to teach them that Easter was about Jesus Christ resurrection.  I think that it is a temporary teaching process, for it is yearly thing that we need to remind them of.
I am grateful for such a wonderful season to remember that all things will be resurrected, as we waited for the flowers and warmer days to come, I was reminded that I will be waiting for the SON also.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

That little carter smile is so precious. You have darling little people.