Monday, April 29, 2013

My handy work

 I knew that Carter was growing out of his crib and I needed to have options for him to sleep in and I also wanted a place for guests.  I knew that I wanted a bunk with a twin over a queen.  there are not a ton of options for that and it is quite pricey.  I decided to make a bunk bed.  I looked on Anna-white and found a plan for a bunk bed that I could do and I liked. So I bought the wood, borrowed some tools, bought some tools and started.  I cut the wood to the lengths and started sanding. Sanding and sanding and sanding.  I sanded for about 4 days.  My arm hurt and my shoulder hurt, but while I spent hours sanding I was inspired of a gospel principle I may share later... anyway. Here it is, stained, sanded, and it holds the kids.  I love it because when we get a bigger home we can just have a loft bed, we can have just a queen.  It is versatile. 
Also I wanted some place to store our skiis so I went to work and built this little ski holder in about 1 hour.  It works great.  I am looking for another project.  I got a really nice drill now and a new corner pocket tool to use.  Let the building begin.

3 comments:

Reece said...

you should be SO proud of your bunkbed! it is awesome!!

Lizi Bates said...

You do some nice work!! Did you use duct tape anywhere? :) hehe I'm very impressed. I think building/refinishing old wood pieces is fun too...just haven't figured out how to do it with young kids yet. Te lumshin duart!

Elaine said...

OF course you built your own bunkbed, macguyver.