Saturday, March 1, 2008

Done with coaching


well today was the allstar game. I coached all season and they asked me to coach the allstars. it was 9 girls and we practiced all week.

The tournament was single elimination and we got a by so we were already in the semi-finals. Am I a great coach or what.

Well we played this morning adn it was a great little game. We were down the 2nd quarter 2-9 and we came back 11-9 by half time. After that we just continued to play well but the other team stepped it up and beat us 29-18. It was a good little game.

I stayed and watched the next game, which the winners would be who would have played if we won. Well lets just say I am glad we lost. The other two teams were in a different league... they were that good. They were shot faking, no-look passing and were a lot taller. My team was still trying to perfect throwing it in after a shot had been made. Like I said they were just head and shoulders above our abilities. I am glad we didn't play them. They said that last year they killed the other team 50-10. So the season is over but I learned a lot and got some coaching experienc.e

7 comments:

Melinda said...

WOW, ANA............a BLOG!!! I'm so proud of you!!!

I think it's awesome that you were asked to coach the allstars. What fun!! It shows you really love the game when you are willing to be there..........and not play. I bet those girls LOVED you.

Clint Carter said...

Good job coach. You are already scouting out the other teams eh? Sometimes it good to bow out early and not get completely humiliated in the next game.

Tiffany Gremmert said...

First of all, good bloggin' sister. Glad you joined the troups. A little shocked you decided on hirschi squirts but hey its catchy.

I'm glad you were able to coach for a little bit. It totally suits you although I would like to have seen you in action.

Rachael said...

I just helped take over Samantha's bb team. (The coach's mother passed away.) They lost every game. But the last game we only lost by 5 points. It sure is fun to coach. I really loved it. It sounds like you were really good, to be asked to coach the all-star team. I also didn't know you were released. What are you doing now? How is the pregnancy going. Eliza looks so big. She is adorable! Tell her about us.

Receli said...

You are such a great coach!!! Way to be cool!

Lizi said...

You're amazing! That's awesome that you got some coaching in :) I can't wait to see what a lil athlete Eliza will be. She is adorable! How are things going in SC? Any move out west coming soon?? I'm so glad you joined the blogging world. I just started to use mine again, so it'll be fun to keep in better touch. Te dua!

Amanda said...

I love it! Coach Carter...er, Hirshi

Eliza is such a cutie! So fun to see you and your fam on your new blog. We can be blogging buddies now!