Thursday, November 12, 2009

I have the most thoughtful husband

There was a scheduled Stake Temple trip last week. There was a bus that was booked so David and I were planning on going with the kids and swap at the temple. We asked the HPGL and he said it was for adults only so we couldn't take the kids. We needed to make a decision on who was able to go. The decision was made that David would go and I would stay home with the kids. He could study on the way up and so his Saturday was still productive.
Friday night David came home and we talked and talked and we/he decided that it would be best if I went up to the temple. I am the one that needed a break from the kids for a day so he graciously let/made me go and he stayed home and took care of the kids and didn't get much studying done.
I left Saturday morning and the bus didn't have any heat so it was freezing. We stayed at the temple for 6 hours. It was so great to not have any other agenda or any other place to be. I was not in a hurry, no other place to go. I loved to just sit in the House of the Lord and have the Spirit near. It was so peaceful and relaxing. This life is to experience life, the ups and downs, but eternal life with our family is our goal, no matter the many different lives we live, we want to live eternally together. I was able to do several names for some of the members of the church that had done their own family history. The high light was when I was sitting in the sealing room and a couple came in with their family names and the woman was sealing her mother and he sister to her. It was such a touching and close experience that I was able to witness.
Thank you David for allowing me a truly great and needed day at the temple.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

It takes a good man to recognize the needs of his wife and then be willing to make it happen!!!