Sunday, October 10, 2010

10-10-10

What a cool date... 10-10-10. I have been thinking about time passing and how we each measure time. It can be measured in seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months or years. Some have calendars, day books, schedules from school, tests, appointments or vacations that measure their time, or how much time has passed. I don't have a calendar, but I have noticed one way that I monitor time and it involves one of my favorite things to do, throw things away.
I bought toiletries and such in England for me to have here in Grenada because I knew it would be a bit cheaper that way. I bought diapers, laundry detergent, soap, tooth paste and other such items and it is exciting to me to throw box away and open another box. It is a measurement of time for me that we are using all of these items I bought and that means time is going and that means we are getting closer and closer to finishing with the second year of med school and with living in Grenada. It is a bit pathetic that my time is measured in laundry detergent, which I only have 5 boxes left, but it is how time is measured in my own bizarre way.

7 comments:

Clint Carter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Clint Carter said...

Let us know when you are down to 1 box so we can be excited about you returning to the States. I notice when a week goes by when I have to fill up my car with gas again.

Receli said...

I measure time in Sundays, diapers, grocery shopping, and lesson plans :)

Melinda said...

I now measure the week by the one day I have totally no kids.

Albena, Barry & Tatiana said...

sis. Carter? kete blogun e gjeta nga Receli.. sa mire!!!

Susan said...

Time is going so fast for me that I am measuring time by the seasons and holidays. I can't keep track of the days or months. They just fly by. I guess my life is measured in what house I'm living in at the moment.

Michelle said...

I think I measure time by every Friday... it's so nice not to have to get someone ready to be out the door by 7:55 (or earlier)... it's only a two day break, but much needed

(10/10/10 was also Jason’s b-day.)