Friday, October 22, 2010

shopping

If you know me well, shopping has never been a big favorite past time. I am a shopper that goes into a store and knows what I want and gets it and leaves. I don't love the browsing or the actual "shopping" and digging through things.
But lately, being deprived of this experience nearly 100%, I have missed it.
I miss shopping for clothes for my kids, walking around Costco just to see what they have, hunting for bargains, going for sales, and getting the excitement of getting a great deal and calling my sister to tell her about it. I miss being able to go somewhere for 20 minutes that is air conditioned just to waste some time. I also feel I am missing out on the excitement with a new baby coming to buy things for it, get a room ready, buy new books, blankets, and clothes for it, but I guess I will have to make up for some lost time when I am back in the States with my mom and my sisters.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

It's funny what things you miss when they are taken from you. You miss shopping, I just never thought that could happen!

Susan said...

Did I just read correctly???? You miss shopping?? I am totally amazed. I am going to have to keep this in my blackmail list when someday we have stayed at the store to long. I will drag out that statement and say, "remember when....". I think that may be just the reason that you are in Grenada...to cure you of the deficit in your character.